Adlington is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1840 from Standish Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin: 1839
Parishes adjacent to Adlington
- Haigh and Aspull
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Adlington, 2½ m. N.E. Standish. P. 1130.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
ADLINGTON, a township in the parish of Standish, co.-palatine of Lancaster; 4 miles north from Wigan, 1 east of the Wigan and Preston railway. Pop., in 1801, 470; in 1831, 1,082. Houses 206. Acres 990. A. P. £2,586. Poor rates, in 1837, £200. A new church has been erected here by the parlia mentary commissioners.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
- County: Lancashire
- Civil Registration District: Chorley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Chester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Manchester
- Rural Deanery: Leyland
- Poor Law Union: Chorley
- Hundred: Leyland
- Province: York