Distances – 2 miles S. of Malvern Link, and 6 ½ S.W. of Worcester.
Population – In 1901, 173 in the civil parish, 314 in ecclesiastical parish. Acreage, 911.
Postal Information – Post and Telegraph Office; George Moore Troughton, Sub-Postmaster. Letters are received through Great Malvern; the deliveries commence at 7.50 a.m. and 4.40 p.m.; despatched at 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on week-days, and at 7.0 p.m. on Sundays. Money order, telegraph, insurance, and annuity business transacted. Post town, Malvern.
Parish Church (St. Mary The Virgin) – Rev. H. H. Williams, M.A., Rector; Rev. W. D. Drew, B.A., Curate; Right Hon. Earl Beauchamp and William Crump, Churchwardens; George Moore Troughton, Parish Clerk.
Elementary School (boys and girls) – Miss Minnie Martin, Mistress.
St. Agnes’ Industrial School (for 17 orphan girls) –Miss S. Sutton, Matron.
Madresfield Estate Office – Arthur Allesbrook, Estate Agent.
Madresfield Agricultural Club – Arthur Douglas Melvin, Hon. Secretary.
Police Station – Charles Hurren, Constable.
Allesbrook Arthur, chasuble agent to the Rt. Hon. Earl Beauchamp, Estate office
Beauchamp, the Rt. Hon. Earl, K.C.M.G., J.P., D.L., Madresfield court
Crump Wm., head gardenr. to the Right Hon. Earl Beauchamp, Madresfield gardens
Drew Rev. W. D., B.A., (curate)
Hull – , farm bailiff to Earl Beauchamp
Kings Geo., wheelwright (and in Newland)
Lea George, former, Falconer’s farm
Love F. A., house stwrd. to Earl Beauchamp, The Villa
Martin Miss Minnie, schoolms., School ho.
Sutton Miss S., matron, Industrial home
Tilt E. B., farmer, Hayswood farm
Troughton George Moore, sub-postmaster and parish clerk, Post office
Vincent Mrs., Church cottage
Williams Rev. H. H., M.A., The Rectory
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.