Madresfield is a small parish, about 2 miles from Great Malvern, with a population in 1851 of 175 inhabitants.
The Church is a very neat stone edifice, but without any architectural features worthy of note. The Living is a Rectory, in the gift of Earl Beauchamp. Rev. Thomas Phillpott, Incumbent; Thomas Castle, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
There is a school in the parish, supported by Earl Beauchamp.
Beauchamp The Right Hon. the Earl, Madresfield Court
Phillpott Rev. Thomas, Incumbent, Rectory
Bowcott Thomas, blacksmith
Harrington Thomas, farmer and brick and tile manufacturer, Portock’s End, Dripshill Works, and at Broad Street, Worcester; house, Wick
Cobley William, farmer, Cleveload
Hill William, farmer, Portock’s End
Stone Richard, farmer
Twinberrow John, farmer
Warner William, miller and farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855