Kingstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish church: St Michael
Parish registers begin: 1659
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Abbey Dore
- Eaton Bishop
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Kingstone, a parish in the district and county of Hereford; 3½ miles NW by W of Tram-Inn r. station, and 6 SW of Hereford. Post town, Madley, under Hereford. Acres, 1, 991. Real property, £3, 386. Pop., 460. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. Part of the land is under hops. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Thruxton, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is Norman, was recently restored, has a new tower, and contains several monuments. There are a Baptist chapel, and charities £80.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Kingstone Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Kingstone, 6m. S.W. Hereford. P. 501.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Kingstone, a parish in the hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, 7 miles (W. S. W.) from Hereford, containing 406 inhabitants. The living is a discharged Vicarage, consolidated with the rectory of Thruxton, rated in the king’s books at £6. 6. 8., endowed with £200 royal bounty, and in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Michael.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Family History Links
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Hereford
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Dean of Hereford
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Hereford
- Poor Law Union: Dore
- Hundred: Webtree
- Province: Canterbury