Churchill is a small parish, situated about 5 miles E.S.E. from Worcester, and in 1851 contained 94 inhabitants.
The Church, dedicated to St, Michael, was probably built about the thirteenth century, and consists of nave and chancel, with bell-cot tower. The windows are early English, and other features are of about the same style. The church is small, and contains nothing of interest. There are a few charitable donations for the benefit of the poor. The living is a Rectory, in the patronage of Robert Berkeley, Esq. Rev. George Dinely, B.D., Rector; Rev. George Jenkins, M.A., Curate; Mr. William Summerton, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Jenkins Rev. George, M.A., Curate, Rectory
Bullock Henry, farmer, Churchill Farm
Cormell William, miller, Churchill Mill
Jackson George, farmer, Townsend
Nash William, farm Bailiff to R. Berkeley, Esq., Churchill Wood Farm
Webb George, shoe maker
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855