Malvern Link is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1845 from Leigh Parish.
Nonconformists: Countess of Huntingdon Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Malvern Link
- Great Malvern
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Malvern Link, a chapelry in Leigh parish, Worcester; on the Worcester and Malvern railway, 1 mile NE of Great Malvern. It was constituted in 1846; it forms an important suburb of Great Malvern, and is rapidly increasing; and it has a post office, designated Malvern Link, Worcestershire, a railway station, a large and elegant hotel of 1862, and many handsome detached residences. Pop. in 1861, 1,670. Houses, 319. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was built in 1846; was greatly enlarged in 1860; is in the early English style; and has a tower of two stages, designed to be carried up a third stage, and to be surmounted by a spire. An Independent chapel was built in 1861, and contains about 400 sittings. There are national and British schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powyke
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Pershore
- Province: Canterbury
Family History Links