Bishopstrow is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish church: St. Adeline
Parish registers begin: 1686
Parishes adjacent to Bishopstrow
- Norton Bavant
- Sutton Veny
- Warminster Christ Church
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHOPSTROW, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; on the Great Western railway, 1¾ mile SE of Warminster. Post Town, Warminster. Acres, 1,045. Real property, £2,054. Pop., 268. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. Bishopstrow House is the seat of the Temple family. Many Roman coins have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £220. Patron, Sir F. D. Astley, Bart. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Bishopstrow, a parish in the hundred of Warminster, county of Wilts, 1½ mile (E.S.E.) from Warminster, containing 275 inhabitants. The living is a. rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Salisbury, rated in the king’s books at £11. 10. Sir J. D. Astley, Bart. was patron in 1823. The church is dedicated to St. Adeline.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Warminster
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Warminster
- Hundred: Warminster
- Province: Canterbury