Aylton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Parish registers begin: 1748
Parishes adjacent to Aylton
- Much Marcle
- Little Marcle
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Aylton, a parish in Ledbury district, Hereford; 1 ¾ mile SE of Ashperton r. station, and 3 ½ W of Ledbury. Post-town, Ledbury. Acres, 825. Real property, £1,174. Pop, 89. Houses, 21. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £149. Patron, the Earl of Oxford. The church needs repair
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Aylton, a parish in the hund, of Radlow, union of Ledbury, county of Hereford; 4 miles west from Ledbury. Living, a perpetual curacy in the archd. and dio. of Hereford; rated at £3 3s. 4d., and in the parliamentary returns at £75; gross income £152. Patron, in 1835, the earl of Oxford. Pop., in 1801, 63; in 1831, 126. Houses 19. Acres 810. A. P. £1,316. Poor rates, in 1837, £39
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aylton, 5 m. W. Ledbury. P. 69
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Aylton, a parish, in the union of Ledbury, hundred of Radlow, county of Hereford, 4 1/4 miles (W.) from Ledbury; containing 69 inhabitants, and consisting of 812 acres, undulated, with a full proportion of wood, and the soil of the highest average fertility. The living is a discharged perpetual curacy, endowed with one-third of the tithes, and valued in the King’s books at £3. 3. 4.; net income, £149; patron, Earl of Oxford; impropriators of the remainder of the tithes, the Portionists of Ledbury church.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Ledbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Ledbury
- Hundred: Radlow
- Province: Canterbury