Avenbury is an Ancient Parish in the county of Herefordshire.
Other places included in the parish: Munderfield Row
Parish registers begin: 1661
Nonconformists include: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Parishes adjacent to Avenbury
- Stanford Bishop
- Bishop’s Frome with Fromes Hill
- Stoke Lacy
- Much Cowarne
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Avenbury, a parish in Bromyard district, Hereford; on the river Frome, 1 ½ mile SSE of Bromyard, and 7 ½ E of Dinmore r. station. It includes a detached tract, situated near Bridenbury; and its post-town is Bromyard under Worcester. Acres, 3,233. Real property, £4,155. Pop., 371. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. Limestone occurs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £80. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There was anciently a small priory.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Avenbury, 1 mile S.E. Bromyard. P. 382.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Herefordshire
- Civil Registration District: Bromyard
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Hereford (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Hereford
- Rural Deanery: Frome
- Poor Law Union: Bromyard
- Hundred: Broxash
- Province: Canterbury