Atworth with South Wraxall is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Wiltshire, created in 1846 from Atworth chapelry and South Wraxall chapelry in Bradford-on-Avon Ancient Parish.
Status: Ecclesiastical Parish
Alternative names: Atford, Atworth
Other places in the parish include: Upper Wraxall, Lower Wraxall, and South Wraxall.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1645
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1585
Separate registers exist for South Wraxall:
- Parish registers: 1672
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1622
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Atworth
- Bradford-on-Avon Christ Church
- Great Chalfield
- Little Chalfield and Cottles
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Atworth, 3 miles N. E. Great Bradford. P. included therein.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Bradford on Avon
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Bradford
- Hundred: Bradford
- Province: Canterbury