Alternative names: Alvesdiston
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
Parish registers: 1592; see also Broad Chalke
Bishop’s Transcripts: 1624
Parishes adjacent to Alvediston
- Ebbesbourne Wake
- Berwick St John
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1851
Alvediston, or Alvesdiston, a parish in the division of Hindon, union of Tisbury, county of Wilts. Living, a vicarage not in charge, subordinate to the rectory of Broad Chalk, in the archd. and dio. of Salisbury. Pop., in 1801, 217; in 1831, 239. Houses 52. Acres 2,400. A. P. £2,334. Poor rates, in 1837. £90.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1851.
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alvesdiston, 7 miles S.E. Hindon. P. 263
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Tisbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Chalke
- Poor Law Union: Tisbury
- Hundred: Chalk
- Province: Canterbury