Alfrick is a chapelry of Suckley Ancient Parish in Worcestershire
Church: St Mary Magdalene.
Parish registers begin: 1656
Parishes adjacent to Alfrick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Alfrick, a township-chapelry in Suckley parish, Worcester; near the river Teme, 7½ miles W of Worcester. It has a post-office under Worcester. Acres, 1,790. Pop., 474. Houses, 99. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory of Suckley. Charities, £14.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alfrick, in Suckley parish. P. 434
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Alfrick, a chapelry, in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, Upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, Worcester and W divisions of the county of Worcester, 7 miles (W by S) from Worcester; containing 434 inhabitants. It is bounded on the north by the river Teme, and consists of 1645 acres; the surface is undulated, and very well wooded and watered. The tithes have been commuted for a rentcharge of £240; and there is a glebe of 2½ acres, with a property in the chapel yard. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales 1840
Alfrick, a hamlet and chapelry in the parish of Suckley, union of Martley, county of Worcester; 8 miles west by south of Worcester; on a branch of the Teme. Living, a curacy in the archd. and dio. of Worcester, but not in charge, being appended to the rectory of Suckley. There is a free school here, with an endowment of £8 per annum. The other charities connected with this chapelry produce the yearly sum of £6 2s. Pop., in 1801, 396; in 1831, 493. Houses 96. Acres 1,790. A. P. £1,790. Poor rates, in 1837, £210.
Source: The Parliamentary Gazetteer of England and Wales; A Fullarton & Co. Glasgow; 1840.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
Alfrick, a chapelry in the parish of Suckley, upper division of the hundred of Doddingtree, county of Worcester, 7 miles (W. by S.) from Worcester, containing 445 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary. Here is a free school with an endowment of £10 per annum.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
Worcestershire Delineated C. and J. Greenwood 1822
Alfrick – a hamlet in the parish of Suckley, hundred of Doddingtree, upper division, 7 miles W. from Worcester, containing 83 inhabited houses: the inhabitants have a chapel of their own, which is kept in good repair; they likewise contribute towards the support of the church at Suckley. Population, 1801, 396 – 1811, 404 – 1821, 445.
Source: Worcestershire Delineated: Being a Topographical Description of Each Parish, Chapelry, Hamlet, &c. In the County; with the distances and bearings from their respective market towns, &c. By C. and J. Greenwood. Printed by T. Bensley, Crane Court, Fleet Street, London, 1822.
- County: Worcestershire
- Civil Registration District: Martley
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Powick
- Poor Law Union: Martley
- Hundred: Doddingtree
- Province: Canterbury
- Highway District: Martley
- Polling District: Suckley
- County Court District: Worcester
- Petty Sessional Division: Worcester
Family History Links