St Marychurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon. Coffinswell is a chapelry of St Marychurch.
Other places in the parish include: Watcombe, Shiphay Collaton, Edginswell, Barton, Babbicombe, and Comb Pafford.
Parish registers begin: 1641
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Plymouth Brethren, Protestant Dissenters, Roman Catholic, Society of Friends/Quaker, Strict Baptist, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to St Marychurch
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Mary-Church (St.), 6 miles S.E. Newton-Abbots. P. 1668
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Babbicombe, a village in St. Marychurch parish, Devon; on the coast, 1½ mile NE of Torquay. It has a post-office under Torquay, and an inn. It was recently a sequestered hamlet; but it is now a well-built place, rapidly extending. A romantic tiny bay, of its own name, is adjacent; and a brilliant view is enjoyed of a great extent of coast.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Newton Abbot
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Post-1847 – Ipplepen, Pre-1848 – None
- Poor Law Union: Newton Abbot
- Hundred: Haytor
- Province: Canterbury