Sheldon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon
Parish registers begin: 1715
Nonconformists include: Calvinist, Presbyterian, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Sheldon
- Kentisbeare (St Mary)
- Dunkeswell Abbey
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Sheldon, a parish in Honiton district, Devon; 6½ miles NNW of Honiton r. station. Post-town, Cullompton. Acres, 1,681. Real property, £1,298. Pop., 180. Houses, 34. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £250. Patron, J. Miles, Esq. The church is ancient. There is a parochial school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Honiton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Dunkeswell
- Poor Law Union: Honiton
- Hundred: Hayridge
- Province: Canterbury