Holsworthy is an Ancient Parish and a market town in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Chasly, Chasty, Chilsworthy, and Staddon.
Parish registers begin: 1563
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist, Independent/Congregational, Presbyterian, Society of Friends/Quaker, and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Holsworthy
- Milton Damerel
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Holsworthy, 214 m. S.W. London, and 42 miles W. Exeter. Mrkt. Sat. P. 1857
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
Chasly, a village in Holsworthy parish, Devon; near Holsworthy.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Holsworthy
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Holsworthy
- Poor Law Union: Holsworthy
- Hundred: Black Torrington
- Province: Canterbury