Right Side From St. George’s Lane North
Willow Cottages – Coakes John, labourer
Willow Cottages – Smith William, billiard maker
- Barnett Arthur, potter
- Winwood Thomas, labourer
- Wheeler William, engine driver
- Jones Mrs. Mary
- Birch Thomas, journeyman bricklayer
- Holding William, fitter
- Gibbs James, labourer
- Jew Henry, shopkeeper
Carlton Cottage – Fudger James, glover
- Brook Ter. – Taunt Wm. Hy., coml.. clerk
- Brook Ter. – Millington Joshua, iron fitter
- Brook Ter. – Powers George William, labourer
- Brook Ter. – Austin William John, j’man cooper
- Brook Ter. – Reynolds W. H., coml.. clerk.
- Brook Ter. – Wilkins Adam, coachman
- Brook Ter. – Brinton Walter
St. George’s Schools – Henry Pain, Master; Miss Mary Grisman, Girl’s Mistress
Source: Littlebury’s Directory of Worcester & District. Tenth Edition. Printed and Published by Littlebury & Company, The Worcester Press, Worcester. 1905.
History of Barbourne: And the Early Development of North Worcester
by Claire Wardle (Author), Terry Wardle (Author)
The first ever account of the history of Barbourne, now Worcester’s northern suburb, but an entirely separate area for much of its 1100 plus years of recorded history. The book takes Barbourne’s story from earliest times to the second world war, and includes more than 140 illustrations, many never published before.