Wick is a chapelry of St. Andrew’s, Pershore, from which it is distant about one mile. The population is 1851 was 339. the neighbourhood is very pleasant and romantic, containing may gentlemen’s seats and villas, amongst which we may mention, Upper Wick House, the seat of Charles S. Hudson, Esq.; The Elms, the residence of Henry Hudson, Esq.; Glenmore House, belonging to George B. Hudson, Esq.; and Avon Bank, the mansion of Mrs. General Marriott.
There was an Augustine priory founded here in the reign of Stephen, by Peter de Corbezon, who a few years afterwards removed it to Studley, in Warwickshire.
The Chapel is a very small stone edifice, in the Gothic style of architecture. There are the remains of an ancient Norman cross near the Chapel. Rev. Benjamin Hemming, Incumbent; Mr. James Sherwood, Clerk. Service – 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., alternately.
Hudson Charles S., Esq., Upper Wick House
Hudson George B., Esq., Glenmore House
Hudson Henry, Esq., The Elms
Marriott Mrs. General, Avon Bank
Peacock Ralph, Esq., Vandyke Cottage
Edgington Joseph, boot and shoe maker
Farmer Elizabeth, farmer
Foster Samuel, shopkeeper
Sherwood Joseph, blacksmith Hemming George, auctioneer and farmer, Endon Farm; and at Pershore
Woodward William, farmer
Source: Billings Directory of Worcestershire 1855