Hinton-on-the-Green is a village and parish 3 miles from Evesham station on the West Midland railway, 17 from Stratford-on-Avon, 11 from Campden, 29 from Gloucester, and 5 from Broadway, in the hundred of Tibbaldstone, rural deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of Gloucester, Gloucester and Bristol bishopric, Evesham union and Winchcomb county court district. The church of St. Peter is a stone building, having a centre aisle, and tower with 5 bells. The parish registers commence only from the early part of the 18th century. The living is a rectory, of the value of £200 yearly, with residence, in the gift of J. A. B. Cresswell, Esq.; the Rev. Edmund Goldsmith is the incumbent. The population in 1861 was 192; the acreage of the parish is 2,259; the rateable value, £2,116. John Addison B. Cresswell, Esq., is lord of the manor and sole landed proprietor.
Goldsmith Rev. Edmund, Rectory
Coldicott Robert, farmer
Gough Ashwin, farmer
Gough William, sen. farmer
Morris Walter, farmer, miller & baker
Roberts William, farmer
Letters are received through Evesham, which is the nearest money order office.
Registrar of Births, Marriages & Deaths & Relieving Officer, Thomas Marshall, Evesham
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the City of Bristol, Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1863.