Saintbury is a small village and parish, 4 miles from Church Honeybourne station on the West Midland line of railway, 30 from Gloucester, 7 from Evesham, 3 from Campden, and about 91 north-west from London, in the hundred of Upper Kiftsgate, division of Moreton, rural deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of Gloucester, bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Evesham union and county court district. The church of St. Nicholas is a stone building, having a spire, aisles, chancel, and 6 bells. The living is a rectory, annual value £415, with residence, in the gift of James Roberts West, Esq., of Alscot house, near Stratford-on-Avon; the Rev. William Barrett is the incumbent. The population in 1861 was 121; the acreage of the parish is 1,336; rateable value, £1,910. Sir John Maxwell Steele-Grave, Bart., is lord of the manor.
Parish Clerk, William Smith.
Barrett Rev. William [rector]
Ellis Daniel, farmer
Rimell John, farmer
Stanley William, carrier
Ward Caleb, farmer, Saintbury grounds
Ward Edward, farmer
White Stephen, plasterer
Letters are received through Broadway, which is the nearest money order office.
National School, Mrs. Ann White, mistress.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the City of Bristol, Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1863.