Lower Lemington is a parish, 2 miles from Moreton station on the West Midland line of railway, 5 from Shipston-on-Stour, 30 from Gloucester, and 82 north-nest from London, in the upper division ot the hundred of Tewkesbury, rural deanery of Campden, archdeaconry of Gloucester, bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Shipston-on-Stour union and county court district. The church is a small stone building with 1 bell. The living is a perpetual curacy, of small value, in the gift of Lord Redesdale, who is also lord of the manor; the Rev. James W. Clarke is the incumbent. The population in 1861 was 57; the number of acres Is 811; rateable value, £933.
Parish Clerk, Thomas Webb.
Davis William, farmer
Phipps Richard, farmer
Wilkes James, farmer
Letters received through Moreton, which is the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and the City of Bristol, Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1863.