Lancaut is a very small parish, pleasantly situated on the eastern bank of the Wye, 2 miles north-by-east from Chepstow, in the Hundred of Westbury, Union of Chepstow, archdeaconry of Gloucester, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol. The living is annexed to the rectory of Woolastone, worth £40 yearly. The church is a small ancient building. The population, in 1851, was 11, and the acreage is 183; rateable value £214.
Letters received through Chepstow, which is the nearest money order office.
Ryder Henry, farmer
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.