Eyeford, or Eyford, a township, parish or extra-parochial liberty, pleasantly situated in a valley on the high road between Cheltenham and Stow-on-the-Wold, distant 14 miles north-north-east from the former, and 3 south-south-west from the latter; it is watered by a small stream which falls into the Windrush river at Bourton-on-the-Water, and surrounded by extensive wooded scenery. It is the property of General Devesies de Pontes, who has a seat here. The acreage is 1,240, and the population, in 1851, was 48.
De Pontes Gen. Devesies, Eyeford ho
Lees Robert, farmer, Eyeford hill farm
Perry Truby Wm. farmer, Home farm
Letters through Stow, which is also the nearest money order office.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.