Dorsington is a township, village, and parish, 4 miles from Honeybourne station, on the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton line of railway, 6 miles from Broadway, 26 from Gloucester, and 6 from Campden, in the upper division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Union of Stratford-on-Avon. The church is a small brick building, rebuilt in 1754, the old church having been destroyed by fire, having a tower, aisle, nave and 2 bells. The living is a rectory, of the value of £300 per year; the Rev. Richard Barber is the present incumbent. The acreage contained in the parish is 933 acres, and the rateable value £1,048. The population, in 1851, was 115.
Bragginton is a farm.
Barber Rev. Richard, M.A., Rectory
Hodges Mrs. Elizabeth
Farr Charles, blacksmith
Hodges John, farmer, Bragginton
Hopkins Richard Nicholls, farmer
Sheaf Henry, farmer
Taplin Edward, shopkeeper
Letters are received through Long Marston. The nearest money order office is at Campden.
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.