Coln Rogers is a parish and village, 7 miles north-east from Cirencester railway station, and 3 ½ south-west from Northleach, in Bradbury Hundred, Northleach Union and electoral division, Bristol archdeaconry, and Gloucester and Bristol bishopric. It is situated on the river Coln. The church of St. Andrew is an old stone building, in the Norman and later styles, the inside of which has been lately restored; it has a nave, chancel, and tower at west end, with 3 bells. The living is a rectory, worth £248 yearly, with residence and 40 acres of glebe land, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester; the Rev. Henry B. Forster, M.A., is the incumbent. There is a day school for poor children, endowed with £4 17s. 6d. yearly. The population, in 1851, was 156, and the acreage is 1,508a. 1r. 8p; rateable value, £1,332. The soil is loamy; the subsoil is freestone. The Dean and Chapter of Gloucester are lords of the manor, and the Dean and Chapter, with their lessees, are chief landowners. Pindrup is a farm.
Forster Rev. Henry Brooks, M.A., [rector]
Barton Charles, farmer
Barton John, farmer
Smith Lawrence, farmer, Pindrup farm
Letters through Northleach, which is also the nearest money order office.
Day School, Mrs. Guest, mistress
Source: Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.