Weston-on-Avon is a township, small village and parish, 6 ½ miles from Honeybourne station on the Oxford, Worcester and Wolverhampton line of railway, 9 from Campden, 10 from Evesham, 4 from Stratford-on-Avon, and 30 from Gloucester, in the upper division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, and bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Union of Stratford-on-Avon. The church is a stone building, having a tower, aisle, chancel, and 1 bell. The living is a vicarage, of the value of £84 per year, in the gift of Earl Amherst; the Rev. James Davenport is the incumbent. The acreage contained in the parish is 918 acres, and the rateable value £1,396. Earl Amherst is lord of the manor. The population of the township, in 1851, was 115.
The tithing of Weston, with a population of 82, is in Gloucestershire; but that of Milcote has a population of 11 in Gloucestershire, and 22 in Worcestershire.
Davenport Rev. James, Vicarage
Baldwin William, farmer
Chambers Betty (Mrs.), farmer
Hornby John, farmer
Tomes John, farmer
Letters are received through Welford. The nearest money order office is at Stratford.
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856