Prescot is an extra-parochial district, 2 ½ miles west from Winchcomb, in the upper division of Tewkesbury Hundred, Winchcomb Union, East Gloucestershire. The population, in 1851, was 51; acreage, 430. The Right Hon. Lord Ellenborough is lord of the manor.
James John, farmer
Poulton James, farmer
Roberts William, farmer
Letters received through Winchcomb, which is the nearest money order office.
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.