Pebworth is a township, village, and parish, 2 miles from Honeybourne station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line of railway, 5 ½ from Campden, and 28 from Gloucester, in the upper division of the Hundred of Kiftsgate, bishopric of Gloucester and Bristol, and Union of Evesham. The church is a stone building, having a tower, aisles, chancel, and 4 bells. The living is a vicarage, in the gift of W. B. Shekel, Esq.; the Rev. James Fowle is the incumbent. The acreage contained is 2,993, and the rateable value £4,750. W. B. Shekel, Esq., is lord of the manor. The population, in 1851, was 737, including 251 in Broad Marston hamlet.
Corbett Cotterell, esq. Broad Marston
Fowle Rev. James, Vicarage
Shekel William Bonner, esq.
Smith Mrs. Samuel
Baldwin John, farmer
Bromley William, ‘Masons’ Arms,’ & maltster
Butler Ann (Mrs.), beer retailer & farmer
Butler Charles, farmer & butcher
Butler Thomas, farmer, Broad Marston
Churchley David, bricklayer
Churchley John, carrier
Clayton Richd. farmer, Broad Marston
Garner Thomas, blacksmith
Gould Charles, shoemaker
Gould John, sen. shoemaker, Broad Marston
Gould John, jun. shoemaker
Grey Ann (Mrs.), shopkeeper
Grey William, shopkeeper
Harborne Richard, tailor
Holland Charles, farmer, Broad Marston
Johnson Thomas, carpenter
Langston David, farmer
Moore Charles, saddler & harness makr.
Moore Thomas, blacksmith
Pearce William, wheelwright
Petefher William, farmer
Rastall Samuel, baker & shopkeeper
Smith Daniel, ‘Red Lion’
Smith Thomas, farmer
Smith William, farmer
Tomlinson Thomas, farmer
Trowton Joseph, farmer & baker
Tysoe Elizabeth & Grace (Misses), farmer
Wilkins Henry, farmer
Letters are received through Long Marston. The nearest money order office is at Campden.
Post Office Directory of Gloucestershire with Bath and Bristol. Printed and Published by Kelly and Co., 19, 20 & 21, Old Boswell Court, St. Clement’s, Strand, London. 1856.