Hayward’s Field is a small parish in Stroud union, formerly extra-parochial, but constituted a separate parish by the Act of the 20th Victoria, c. 19, containing, by the census of 1861, 5, and in 1871, 10 inhabitants, and about 20 acres of land; in the deanery of Stonehouse, archdeaconry of Gloucester, diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, hundred of Whitstone, East Gloucestershire, adjoining Stonehouse, and forming part of the Parliamentary Borough of Stroud. The rateable value of this parish is £20.
Webster Joseph Wood, beer retailer
Stonehouse is the post town and nearest money order office.
Morris & Co.’s commercial Directory & Gazetteer of Gloucestershire with Bristol and Monmouth. Second Edition. Hounds Gate, Nottingham. 1876.