Silvington is a parish and village, 8 miles from Ludlow, and 5 from Cleobury Mortimer, in the Southern division of the county, Overs hundred, Cleobury Mortimer union, and diocese of Hereford. The church of St. Michael is an ancient Norman building. The living is a rectory; the tithes are commuted for £50 10s., with 106 acres of glebe land and a residence, in the gift of the Rev. George Edmonds. The Rev. George Edmonds is lord of the manor and sole landowner. The soil is chiefly a poor loam, with clay subsoil. The area is 490 acres, and the population in 1861 was 47: gross estimated rental, £422; rateable value, £380.
Letters through Cleobury Mortimer.
Pritchard Rev. Charles William, M.A.
Boddey George, blacksmith
Green Thomas, farmer and overseer
Preene Thomas, miller
Shielding Joseph, farmer
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s History, Gazetteer, & Directory of Shropshire. Printed Shrewsbury 1875.