Easthorpe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1572
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1639; 1800
- Marks Tey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTHORPE, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; 1¾ mile S by E of Marks Tey Junction r. station, and 4 ESE of Coggleshall. Post town, Copford, under Colchester. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £1,543. Pop., 144. Houses, 30. The living. is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £211. Patron, the Hon. Col. Onslow. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Lexden
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – Lexden, Post-1846 – Coggeshall
Poor Law Union: Lexden and Winstree