Malinslee is an ecclesiastical parish, in the Northern division of the county, South Bradford hundred, Madeley union, and diocese of Lichfield. The church of St. Leonard is an octagonal building of freestone, erected in the year 1805. The living is a vicarage, yearly value £300, with residence and about half an acre of glebe land, in the gift of the vicar of Dawley Magna, Lampeter. There are charities of £1 6s. 10d. yearly value. The soil is loamy; the subsoil is gravely. The minerals are coal and ironstone. Major E. Cheney and others are owners of this township. The population of the district in 1861 was 4,512.
Letters through Wellington.
Ellis Mr. John, Old park
Harries Rev. William
Harries O. W. esq.
Plum Thomas Wm. esq. Malinslee hall
Summers Mr. Wm. Dark Lane house
Bailey John, charter master, Old park
Banks William, farmer, Old park
Evans Benjamin, charter master, Copy house
Evans William, charter master
Garbett Mary, farmer
Garbett Matthew, ground bailiff
James William, farmer
Leighton and Grenfell, iron and coal masters, William Summers, manager
Maddock John, butcher, Old park
Old Park Iron Co. iron master & manufacturers of pig & wrought iron, iron founders, coal masters & fire brick makers (Thos. W. Plum, manager)
Owen William, charter master
Pitchford Emanuel, charter master, The Lodge
Pitchford Jonas, charter master
Poole Robert & Samuel, boiler makers
Round Elias, mining agent
Summers Richard, farmer
Vaughan Thomas, charter master
Source: Edward Cassey & Co.’s History, Gazetteer, & Directory of Shropshire. Printed Shrewsbury 1875.