Shackleford is a chapelry of Godalming Ancient Parish in Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1866
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SHACKLEFORD, a chapelry in Godalming parish, Surrey; 2¾ miles WNW of Godalming r. station. It was constituted in 1866; and it has a post-office under Godalming. Pop., about 650. Many Roman coins have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £330. Patron, the Bishop of W. The church was built in 1866; and is in the early English style, and cruciform, with central tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford