Headley Surrey Family History Guide
Headley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679; 1686; 1692-1693; 1772-1776; 1800
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HEADLEY, a village and a parish in Reigate district, Surrey. The village lies under Headley-Hill, 2¼ miles N by W of Betchworth r. station, and 3 SE by E of Leatherhead; and has a post office under Epsom. The parish comprises 1,630 acres. Real property, £1,758. Pop., 3 22. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Hon. Mrs. Howard. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £162. Patrons, Heirs of the late Hon. Col. Howard. The church was rebuilt in 1833; is in the early English style; consists of nave and chancel, with a porch; and has a tower and spire, added in 1839. The churchyard commands a fine view to the N. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Reigate
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Reigate