Surbiton St Mark Surrey Family History Guide
Surbiton St Mark is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1845 from Kingston upon Thames Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1845
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Roman Catholic
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SURBITON, a chapelry in Kingston-upon-Thames parish, Surrey; on the Southwestern railway, in the southern outskirts of Kingston. It was constituted in 1845; and it has a post-office under Kingston-upon-Thames, and a r. station with telegraph. Rated property, £21,000. Pop., 4,691. Houses, 726. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £150. Patrons, the Contts Family. The church was built in 1845; and is in the later English style, with tower and spire. An Independent chapel was built in 1866; and a Wesleyan chapel, used also as a temperance hall, was built in 1861. There are also a Roman Catholic chapel, and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Kingston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Kingston