Worth, Kent Family History Guide
Worth is a chapelry of Eastry Ancient Parish in Kent.
Alternative names: Word
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1720
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1564
- Sandwich St Clement
- Sandwich St Bartholomew’s Hospital
- Sandwich St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WORTH, or Word, a parish, with a small village and two hamlets, in Eastry district, Kent; on the coast, 1½ mile SSE of Sandwich r. station. It has a post-office under Sandwich. Acres, 7,431; of which 1,285 are water. Real property, £7,753. Pop., 430. Houses, 87. The property is much subdivided. Upton house is the seat of J. Henderson, Esq. There are two coastguard stations. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £375. Patron, the Archbishop. The church is ancient but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Eastry
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Canterbury (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Sandwich
Poor Law Union: Eastry