Sheldwich, Kent Family History Guide
Sheldwich is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Alternative names: Sheldwick
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1563
- Preston next Faversham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Sheldwick, a parish, with a village, in Faversham district, Kent; 2¾ miles S of Faversham r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Sheldwick-Lees, under Faversham. Acres, 1,896. Real property, £3,199. Pop., 616. Houses, 119. The manor, with Lees Court, belongs to Lord Sondes. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £209. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of C. The church is later English. There are a Wesleyan chapel and national schools.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Faversham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury
Rural Deanery: Ospringe
Poor Law Union: Faversham