Nackington, Kent Family History Guide
Nackington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1563
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1564
- Canterbury St Paul
- Lower Hardres
- Petham with Waltham
- Canterbury St Mary Bredin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NACKINGTON, a parish in Bridge district, Kent; on Stane-street, 2¼ miles S by E of Canterbury r. station. Post-town, Canterbury. Acres, 906. Real property, £2,180. Pop., 165. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Sondes. Nackington House is the seat of Capt. T. Hilton; and Heppington House, of Lieut.-Col. W. J. Morris. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Canterbury. Value, £52. Patron, the Archbishop of Canterbury. The church comprises an aisle and two chancels, and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bridge
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Canterbury
Rural Deanery: Canterbury
Poor Law Union: Bridge
Hundred: Bridge and Petham