Cuxton, Kent Family History Guide
Cuxton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Kent.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1560
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1719
- Rochester St Margaret
- Strood St Nicholas
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Cuxton, a parish in North Aylesford district, Kent; on the river Medway, and the Strood and Maidstone railway, 2 ¾ miles SW by S of Strood. It has a station on the railway, and a post-office under Rochester. Acres, 1,756; of which 70 are water. Real property, £2,189. Pop., 441. Houses, 81. The property is divided among a few. The surface is hilly. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £346. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is old, and was reported in 1859 to need repair.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: North Aylesford
Probate Court: Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Rochester
Rural Deanery: Rochester
Poor Law Union: North Aylesford