Walton on the Hill, Surrey Family History Guide
Walton on the Hill is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1581
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1679
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WALTON-ON-THE-HILL, a parish in Reigate district, Surrey; 2¾ miles N by E of Betchworth r. station, and 4 NW of Reigate. It has a post-office under Epsom. Acres, 2,592. Real property, £2,418. Pop., 475. Houses, 98. The property is subdivided. W. Place is alleged to have been a residence of Anne of Cleves, after her separation from Henry VIII.; and is now a farmhouse. Traces of Roman buildings have been found on W. Heath. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £346. Patron, H. Carew, Esq. The church is partly Norman, but chiefly modern. There are a national school, and charities £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Reigate
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Reigate