Claygate, Surrey Family History Guide
Claygate is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1840 from Thames Ditton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Alternative names: Cleygate
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1841
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1841
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLAYGATE, or Cleygate, a manor-chapelry in Thames-Ditton parish, Surrey; 2¾ miles SE of Esher r. station, and 4¾ SSW of Kingston. It has a post office under Esher. Real property, £4,197. Pop., 535. Houses, 99. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £75. Patrons, Trustees. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Kingston
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Kingston