Thorpe, Surrey Family History Guide
Thorpe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1587
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
THORPE, a parish, with a village, in the district of Windsor and county of Surrey; 1¾ mile NW of Chertsey r. station. It has a post-office under Chertsey. Acres, 1,495. Real property, £3,901. Pop., 552. Houses, 110. The property is subdivided. T. Lee, T. House, T. Place, and Eastly End, are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £180. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is of the 14th century. There are a national school, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Windsor
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Windsor