Chelsham is a chapelry of Warlingham Ancient Parish in Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1669
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1685
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Chelsham, a parish in Godstone district, Surrey; on the verge of the county, 2½ miles E of Warlingham r. station, and 6¼ SE of Croydon. Post-town, Warlingham, under Croydon. Acres, 3,314. Real property, £2,181. Pop., 401. Houses, 68. The property is divided among a few. An ancient oblong camp is on Battle-hill. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Warlingham, in the diocese of Winchester. The church is early English, and has an ancient font.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Godstone
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Ewell
Poor Law Union: Godstone