East Clandon, Surrey Family History Guide
East Clandon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLANDON (East), a parish in Guildford district, Surrey; near the river Wey, 3½ miles SSE of Woking r. station, and 4½ NE by E of Guildford. Post town, West Clandon, under Guildford. Acres, 1,449. Real property, £1,691. Pop., 283. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. Hatchlands was the seat and death-place of Admiral Boscawen; and is now the seat of Colonel Sumner. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £152. Patron, the Earl of Lovelace. The church is decorated English, and good; but has been defaced by plaster. Goffe, the poet, who flourished in the early part of the 17th century, was rector.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Guildford
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Guildford