Bisley, Surrey Family History Guide
Bisley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Surrey.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1692
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISLEY, a parish in Chertsey district, Surrey; near the Basingstoke canal and the Southwestern railway, 3½ miles WNW of Woking station, and 4 SE of Bagshot. Post Town, Chobham, under Farnborough station. Acres, 950. Real-property, £1,496. Pop., 313. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to the Sumners. A boys’ refuge farm school, connected with a farm of 88 acres, was built in 1869, at a cost of £5,775. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £188. Patron, J. Thornton, Esq. The church is ancient. Charities, £40.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chertsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Chertsey