Botleys and Lyne, Surrey Family History Guide
Botleys and Lyne is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1849 from Chertsey Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Botleys
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1849
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1849
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOTLEYS and LYNE, a chapelry in Chertsey parish, Surrey; near the Chertsey branch of the Southwestern railway, 2 miles SW of Chertsey. Post Town, Chertsey. Rated property, £6,211. Pop., 494. Houses, 110. The property is divided among a few. Botleys Park is the seat of R. Gosling, Esq., and has richly-wooded grounds. The chapelry was constituted in 1849. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £100. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chertsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Chertsey