Denmark Hill, Surrey Family History Guide
Denmark Hill is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1848 from Brixton St Matthew Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1730
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DENMARK HILL, a chapelry in Lambeth and Camberwell parishes, Surrey; on the South London railway, ¾ of a mile S of Camberwell. It was constituted in 1848; and it has a post office under Camberwell, London S, and a r. station. Pop., 5, 249. Houses, 895. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £700. Patrons, Trustees. The church was built by A. Gough; and there is a grammar-school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Lambeth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Diocese: Pre-1846 – Winchester, Post-1845 – London
Rural Deanery: Southwark
Poor Law Union: Lambeth