Addlestone, Surrey Family History Guide
Addlestone is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Surrey, created in 1838 from chapelry in Chertsey Ancient Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1838
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1841
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ADDLESTONE, a village and a chapelry in Chertsey parish, Surrey. The village stands 2 miles SSE of Chertsey; and has a station on the Chertsey branch of the South-western railway, and a post office under Chertsey. It contains the residence of Mrs. S.Hall; and is noted for a very large oak-tree, called the Crouch Oak, beneath which tradition asserts Wickliffe to have preached and Queen Elizabeth to have dined. The chapelry was constituted in 1838, and is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £150. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. Pop., 2,896. Houses, 535.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Online Records (Free)
Civil Registration District: Chertsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Surrey
Rural Deanery: Stoke
Poor Law Union: Chertsey