Kilsby, Northamptonshire Family History Guide
Kilsby is an Ancient Parish in the county of Northamptonshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1706
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KILSBY, a parish in the district of Rugby and county of Northampton; on Watling street, the Northwestern railway, and the Oxford canal, adjacent to Warwickshire and near Crick r. station, 5½ miles N of Daventry. It has a post office under Rugby. Acres, 3,200. Real property, £5,464. Pop., 539. Houses, 143. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Richard Lee and Thomas O. Gery, Esqs. A tunnel of the Northwestern railway here is nearly 1½ mile long. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £160. Patron, the Precentor of Lincoln Cathedral. The church is a fine edifice, with a spire. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Rugby
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Northampton
Rural Deanery: Daventry
Poor Law Union: Rugby