Yardley Wood is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Worcestershire, created in 1849 from Yardley Ancient Parish and Kings Norton Ecclesiastical Parish.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
YARDLEY-WOOD, a chapelry in Yardley and Kings-Norton parishes, Worcester; near Acocks-Green r. station, and 4 miles SE of Birmingham. It was constituted in 1849; and its Post town is Acocks-Green, under Birmingham. Pop., 687. Houses, 160. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value £60. Patron, Miss Taylor.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Solihull
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Kidderminster
Poor Law Union: Kings Norton