Eaton Hastings, Berkshire Family History Guide
Eaton Hastings is an Ancient Parish in the county of Berkshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1574
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EATON-HASTINGS, a parish in Faringdon district, Berks; on the river Isis, 3 miles NW of Faringdon r. station, and 6½ NNE of Shrivenham. Post town, Briscot, under Swindon. Acres, 1,330. Real property, £2,117. Pop., 185. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. About 350 labourers were employed on drainage works in this parish, and adjoining ones, in the winter of 1860. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £378. Patron, the Rev. R. Rice. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Faringdon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Berkshire
Diocese: Pre-1836 – Salisbury, Post-1835 – Oxford
Rural Deanery: Abingdon
Poor Law Union: Faringdon